Privacy Statement - Talent Acquisition at Wavebreak Media
This Privacy Statement explains how Wavebreak Media collects, uses, shares, and protects individually identifiable information about candidates and prospective candidates ("Personal Information") as part of our Talent Acquisition process.
Wavebreak Media values the trust placed in us when providing Personal Information and is committed to safeguarding this information.
Here are the key points covered in this Privacy Statement:
- What Personal Information do we collect? We collect the following categories of personal information: identifiers, applicant records, and professional information. Details can be found below.
- How do we use your information? We use your information for recruiting, hiring, and legal compliance purposes.
- Do we sell or share your information? We do not sell your information, and we do not share it for targeted advertising.
- How long do we keep your information? We retain your information in compliance with legal obligations or as required for legitimate business purposes.
This Privacy Statement applies to Personal Information collected through various sources, including our careers website, recruiting agencies, chatbots, Talent Network Forms, sourcing platforms (e.g., LinkedIn), and social networks where Wavebreak recruiters receive candidates' information.
Wavebreak Media collects Personal Information directly from candidates, either when provided by the candidate themselves or indirectly from partners, such as recruiting agencies. The collected categories of Personal Information may include identifiers (e.g., name and contact information), applicant records, professional information (e.g., work history), and internet or electronic network activity information (e.g., IP address and browsing history).
Purposes & Legal Basis
Wavebreak Media collects and uses Personal Information for purposes including assessing candidate compatibility with job openings, improving our hiring process, legal compliance, and communication. Some jurisdictions require us to identify the legal basis for our processing of your information. In those jurisdictions, our bases are:
- Legitimate Interests.
This applies when the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests. We rely on this
basis when we:
- Process your Personal Information in order to evaluate your application, including an automatic assessment of your background (including your experience, employment history, education, and location).
- Reach out to you as a former applicant when a position opens where we believe you could be a good fit for the role.
- Update you via email on vacancies suiting the interests you expressed when joining the Talent Network.
- Consent. This applies when processing is based on your consent, such as when you sign up to receive career-focused marketing communications.
- Public Interest (and related bases). This applies when the processing is necessary for a public interest or for the exercise of public authority in strictly limited cases, i.e., where we would be required to cooperate with the police or other government bodies in case of illegal conduct.
Wavebreak Media is a data controller with respect to the collection, use, and other processing of Personal Information in connection with Wavebreak Media’s Recruitment efforts.
We retain personal data of CVs and candidate applications only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. For instance, candidate application data is retained for 24 months, unless a longer retention period is mandated by law or necessary for legal claims.
Data Protection Officer (DPO):
For certain data processing activities, we have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee and ensure our compliance with GDPR. If you have questions or concerns regarding our data processing practices, you can contact our DPO, Padraig Murray at padraig.murray[at]wavebreakmedia[dot]com
Rights of the Data Subject:
Under GDPR, you have several rights regarding your personal data. These include the right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability, and the right to object. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at privacy[at]wavebreakmedia[dot]com We will respond to your request within one month.
If Personal Information is transferred to other countries, Wavebreak Media has appropriate safeguards in place to protect it, ensuring an equivalent level of data protection.
Privacy Statement for Children
Wavebreak Media does not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 16 without verifiable consent from their legal representative.
Wavebreak Media may disclose Personal Information to service providers, subsidiaries, affiliates, and for legal compliance. We do not share Personal Information for third-party direct marketing or sell it for targeted advertising.
Wavebreak Media has physical, technical, and administrative controls in place to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure.
In some jurisdictions, you have rights related to your Personal Information, including access, correction, and deletion. Wavebreak Media does not discriminate against individuals for exercising their rights.
Updates to Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be amended. Material changes will be updated and noticed appropriately. Consent may be sought for material changes when required by law.
If you have questions, complaints, or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at privacy[at]wavebreakmedia[dot]com